[aur-requests] [PRQ#8462] Merge Request for r-cran-curl

Nils Naumann nau at gmx.net
Sun Jul 9 20:50:16 UTC 2017

Hallo,

Am Sonntag, 9. Juli 2017, 11:01:46 CEST schrieb  G. Schlisio:
> I see your argument and appreciate your effort to clean up, but after a
> short check in the AUR, the prevailing naming scheme seems to be
> r-cran-$modulename not r-$modulename.

I have launched the request, because I was not able to install ggplot2, dplyr
and tidyr using aur, which are quite standard for r.  Main probles are several
dependency problems because of duplicated packages with different names in
aur.  The first step should be to clean up t he mess introduced by duplicated
packages.  In order to avoid further duplicates, a common naming scheme should
be choosen as second step.

> If you like, you can take the ownership of the
> package. That should not hinder a sensible solution here.

For me the main issue is the coordination of the package reorganisation, which
goes beyond the ownership of simple packages.  I could maintain some easy
packages, but because I'm using R not very frequentoy on my privte laptop, I
will miss some upstream updates for sure.

Regards
Nils