[aur-requests] [PRQ#11108] Deletion Request for emacs-rudel-bzr

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Wed Apr 11 01:51:06 UTC 2018

Eli Schwartz via aur-requests <aur-requests at archlinux.org> writes:

> On 04/10/2018 03:33 PM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
>> haawda [1] filed a deletion request for emacs-rudel-bzr [2]:

> Would it make sense to create a -git package pulling from what seems to
> be the current development repository:
> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git
>
> --
> Eli Schwartz
> Bug Wrangler and Trusted User

It may be doable but it is not easy. someone would have to write a tool
that does something like what is done by cabal2arch for haskell packages
for emacs lisp packages. No-one has written such a tool yet.

As far as I understand the process, package.el loads e single emacs lisp
file from git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git which takes care for
the rest, i.e. fetching stuff from sourceforge, installing them locally
in a subdirectory of the user's home directory and integrating them into
the emacs infrastructure. Repeating these steps in bash for makepkg is
tedious.

Best Regards

Stefan