[aur-requests] [PRQ#10205] Request Rejected

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 1 20:14:57 UTC 2018

On 01/01/2018 01:47 PM, Emilio Aburto wrote:
> Well, that's it. By the way, the AUR said that if a package was
> discontinued for more than 2 weeks I could send a orphan request (in
> this case were more like 3 or 4 weeks, and I even propose to comaintain
> the package; the update probably was because of the petition and that's
> great! but don't come to blame me about being unreasonable about it)

That's fine and no one has a problem with that. It does mean that there
is no need to orphan it though.

(Minor correction: two weeks is not the period of time after which you
may submit an orphan request. You may submit an orphan request whenever
you think the current maintainer is not responding, which is a
subjective evaluation that has no real rules other than good faith. Two
weeks is how long we will give the maintainer to appeal the orphan
request e.g. by updating.)

The issue is creating a second package whose sole purpose is to
circumvent the fact that the first package didn't get updated fast
enough. That is a duplicate package...

Duplicate packages make me grumpy.

Anyway, if upstream releases updates faster than the maintainer can keep
an eye on them, perhaps the package would benefit from having
comaintainers. I encourage you to discuss it further with the
maintainer, keeping in mind they are under no obligation to do so.

--
Eli Schwartz