[aur-requests] [PRQ#10205] Request Rejected

Emilio Aburto eaburto at dcc.uchile.cl
Mon Jan 1 18:47:51 UTC 2018

Well, there is no need to be this rude about it. The one reason I wanted a
package like that is convenience, because the rate of releasing of telegram
desktop is very fast and the app tells you about a new release and I wanted
the last features without the need to compile from the sources. I can
comprehend that it's not someone priority to update his AUR packages right
away so the solution I found I thought was useful.

I tried using pkgver, I'm not that dumb and tried to follow the guidelines
but because I needed the variable updated before getting a source file,
there was no way to use it.

If I find a binary tarball source from the official website with checksums
would be an acceptable solution? I mean I would need to scrap them anyway.
What will you propose instead?

I just wanted an alternative convenient option, but apparently you couldn't
get off your high horse to explain me or help me with it. I find that your
attitude is somewhat damaging the community and is not helping to get more
people (obviously newbies) involved at all.

Well, that's it. By the way, the AUR said that if a package was
discontinued for more than 2 weeks I could send a orphan request (in this
case were more like 3 or 4 weeks, and I even propose to comaintain the
package; the update probably was because of the petition and that's great!
but don't come to blame me about being unreasonable about it)

Thanks anyway for your time and for being part of this great community
project.