[aur-requests] upwork-beta

mar77i at protonmail.ch mar77i at protonmail.ch
Mon Jul 16 18:01:13 UTC 2018

On July 16, 2018 7:47 PM, Shane Simmons via aur-requests <aur-requests at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I got an AUR Out-of-date Notification from msheremet on upwork-beta.  After digging through Upwork app logs and checking their website, apparently they've pushed the update to their download website, but not to the client apps yet (at least, not to mine. ;-)
>
> However, I'm sending the changes from my laptop and I had never added my public key on my laptop, and when I went to log in to the AUR to copy the pubkey to my ~/.ssh/config, AUR informs me that my account has been suspended.
>
> I never received any kind of notification that my account was suspended, or why.  As far as I can recall, my best guess would be that it was because I had stupidly published a bug comment to the aurman AUR page and was harshly schooled by the aurman developer that his package depends on a -git package, which had to be installed manually because, again, stupidly, I didn't know that -git packages' PKGBUILDs don't contain the current version, but is instead calculated during install.

I believe that maybe you misunderstood something about SSH keys. AUR has no knowledge of the private key that matches the public key you added to your profile. Let's wait for the Ops so you can try again, until then, please dig up and look for your *private* key instead. The other one AUR already has, and did never ever work for clients connecting to it.

cheers!
mar77i

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​