[aur-requests] [PRQ#11703] Deletion Request for kobo-desktop

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Jun 6 04:35:20 UTC 2018

amatwkgs [1] filed a deletion request for kobo-desktop [2]:

Delete reason: Software abandoned by upstream

From https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82378 (#1) and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82378&page=6 (#76
in the same thread), I believe that this is a prototype developed for
Linux by Kobo long time ago, but then there was no update.

The .deb package is a binary package, not a source package. It is
built against old libraries. Users must install outdated libraries for
the software to work.

On the official website (https://www.kobo.com), there is no download
link for a Linux version. I believe that the upstream has abandoned
the development.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/amatwkgs/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/kobo-desktop/