[aur-requests] New maintainer of nimf-git package removed credits of previous maintainer and contributors

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 22 03:44:25 UTC 2018

On 06/21/2018 11:31 PM, "한영빈 (Youngbin Han)" via aur-requests wrote:
> Hi, I’m Youngbin Han. (sukso96100 on AUR) [0]
> I’d maintained the package nimf-git [1] until last month. And disowned
> it for many reasons.
> Then, hodong [2] grabbed it and started to maintaining it.
> And He/She removed the credits of previous maintainer(me) and
> contributors from PKGBUILD of the package with this commit [3].
> Whether it was mistake or intended. Basically, It’s no respect for
> previous contributors.
> The commit [3] must be rolled back or the new maintainer must add a
> commit to include credits of previous contributors in PKGBUILD.
>
> [0] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/sukso96100
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nimf-git/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/hodong
> [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=nimf-git&id=0b3e9e20be7050016ab86c2f279a4481ed91085d
> Archive of [3] - In case of commit removal or force push
>http://web.archive.org/web/20180622020133/https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=nimf-git&id=0b3e9e20be7050016ab86c2f279a4481ed91085d

That's entirely bizarre, but I'm more concerned that somehow, this
jokester decided to add, for example, the ldconfig command to package().

Given makepkg will not ever allow you to run as root, it's difficult for
this to ever work out successfully... the PKGBUILD currently cannot and
will not ever successfully run.

Also seems like they've nuked the github repo and replaced it with
gitlab, but did not migrate issues. So much for your links in the
package comments.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User