[aur-requests] [PRQ#13166] Deletion Request for emma

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Nov 5 21:56:14 UTC 2018

aaronfischer [1] filed a deletion request for emma [2]:

This package is abandoned for a long time now.
The original author and website for the project is down for some time.
There is in fact a Github repository
(https://github.com/clayadavis/emma), but the last code change was 6
years ago and nobody is maintaining the code. This project is dead.

I am the maintainer of that package and I could simply disown it, but
I think this package should be deleted. There is no official releases
any more, just the code dumped on Github. If somebody cares about the
future of that project, the AUR package also need a completely
refactoring and a new name (emma-git instead of emma).

For that, deleting the package is the proper way.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/aaronfischer/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/emma/