[aur-requests] [PRQ#13166] Deletion Request for emma

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 6 00:10:56 UTC 2018

On 11/5/18 4:56 PM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> aaronfischer [1] filed a deletion request for emma [2]:
>
> This package is abandoned for a long time now.
> The original author and website for the project is down for some time.
> There is in fact a Github repository
> (https://github.com/clayadavis/emma), but the last code change was 6
> years ago and nobody is maintaining the code. This project is dead.
>
> I am the maintainer of that package and I could simply disown it, but
> I think this package should be deleted. There is no official releases
> any more, just the code dumped on Github. If somebody cares about the
> future of that project, the AUR package also need a completely
> refactoring and a new name (emma-git instead of emma).
>
> For that, deleting the package is the proper way.

Although the homepage is down, the source code archive is still
available. And the github repo appears to be someone's totally
unaffiliated mirror, so it does not need to be taken as the gospel home.

Dead code is not always dead -- does it work okay? Do people use it? I
see one vote from 2018-05-23.

With this in mind, do you desire to reconsider this deletion request?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User