[aur-requests] [PRQ#13166] Deletion Request for emma

Aaron Fischer mail at aaron-fischer.net
Tue Nov 6 21:55:27 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 19:10:56 -0500
Eli Schwartz <eschwartz at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 11/5/18 4:56 PM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> > aaronfischer [1] filed a deletion request for emma [2]:
> >
> > [...]
> > For that, deleting the package is the proper way.
>
> Although the homepage is down, the source code archive is still
> available. And the github repo appears to be someone's totally
> unaffiliated mirror, so it does not need to be taken as the gospel
> home.
>
> Dead code is not always dead -- does it work okay? Do people use it? I
> see one vote from 2018-05-23.
>
> With this in mind, do you desire to reconsider this deletion request?

The package can't be simply reused to use the GitHub
source. There is no version information available and no tagged
releases. So the package should renamed to "emma-git".

The project itself has no relevance any more and there is nobody
actively maintaining it. I thought it would be the best to delete the
"emma" package and if there is any demand, create a "emma-git" package
with the new source. If this is not an option, I can change the source
to GitHub and adjust the PKGBUILD so that the project builds again. But
the project should in any case renamed to emma-git, so I can remove the
version number.

Aaron