[aur-requests] [PRQ#13078] Deletion Request for tails-iso

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 28 01:12:27 UTC 2018

On 10/27/18 8:02 PM, Ryan Petris via aur-requests wrote:
> I use the arch iso for various purposes in virtual machines, and
> dislike having to download a new version manually every month or so. I
> also use tails occasionally in a VM. I would love if they just updated
> automatically. By making this package, I'll still have to effectively
> update manually, however my hope is to make this easier for others.

You don't need to download a new copy every month or so.

The ISO just provides a bootable squashfs image with a pacman binary,
and in fact our official installation guide takes some pain to inform
you that you can install Arch to bare metal using the bootstrap image,
or using the pacman packages provided by Fedora and Gentoo!

The devtools package has scripts to automatically install systemd-nspawn
containers if the host is Arch Linux -- or at leas contains a working
pacman installation and the Arch Linux keyring. We use this script to
build packages.

We also provide official docker containers as well as vagrant images,
under the "archlinux" namespaces.

If you're updating manually *anyway*, this package does nothing -- and
there's better ways that even let you update automatically by *not*
using AUR packages.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User