[aur-requests] Rename tidal-cli-client package

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 3 02:03:54 UTC 2018

On 9/2/18 5:44 PM, Jan Okoński via aur-requests wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to rename my package from tidal-cli-client to
> tidal-cli-client-git. I have created tidal-cli-client-git package, but
> the first package already has some comments and votes, so could you
> merge it or something like that and remove tidal-cli-client? Also, is it
> possible for current users to update to the new-named package?

Your tidal-cli-client-git *erroneously* builds from a stable release.

The -git and non -git packages are by the definition of the standards
behind package naming, two completely different packages -- one of which
is intended to build from a git checkout.

You should therefore update tidal-cli-client to the latest version, and
fix tidal-cli-client-git to build directly from a git clone.
Alternatively, you can submit a deletion request for the -git package,
if you do not in fact want to build from git.

Another note: your PKGBUILDs currently download a source=() archive, but
then totally ignore it in favor of using npm install name at version which
redownloads a new copy from the npm registry. Don't do this. Instead,
npm install "$srcdir"/name-version.tgz

Also: you failed to quote $srcdir and $pkgdir and $_npmdir, all of which
can contain spaces.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User