[aur-requests] [PRQ#12585] Merge Request for polysh

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 3 08:16:59 UTC 2018

On September 3, 2018 9:25:08 AM GMT+02:00, Felixoid via aur-requests <aur-requests at archlinux.org> wrote:
>Nevertheless, Yen, polysh package contains not an only script by itself
>but
>modules in /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/, see [1]. Regarding this,
>couldn't say, that polysh doesn't provide modules. Moreover, when two
>months ago python was upgraded from 3.6 to 3.7, the package was broken
>without any hints. That's why I've thought that it's a good idea to add
>the
>prefix. IMHO, it doesn't contradict with [2].
>
>I could only agree If you are 100% sure that the package must stay as
>is.
>But as I see, it contains prerequisites to be named as 'python-polysh'.

It contains modules because it's not all spit into a single file but
properly split, which doesn't mean it must be a programmable
API. It's a prompt/cli tool to multiplex connections.
It broke because
it was built with python 3.6 hence  containing the required files
there. For unsupported AUR packages one must handle and
rebuild themselves.

I agree here that it should be called polysh without python prefix.

Cheers
Levente