[aur-requests] [PRQ#12585] Merge Request for polysh

Felixoid mr.felixoid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:25:08 UTC 2018

Good day's time Eli and Yen,
I hope you are well.

First of all, Eli, thank you for the answer. You are right, and it's
difficult for me to call my own "deprecation way" somehow but "stupid". I
wasn't happy, of course, about it but didn't mention the proper way like
"Merge request" one month ago. I'm sorry for it and for that fact that it
was in AUR for almost a month.

Because of it, I've fixed the package already.

Nevertheless, Yen, polysh package contains not an only script by itself but
modules in /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/, see [1]. Regarding this, I
couldn't say, that polysh doesn't provide modules. Moreover, when two
months ago python was upgraded from 3.6 to 3.7, the package was broken
without any hints. That's why I've thought that it's a good idea to add the
prefix. IMHO, it doesn't contradict with [2].

I could only agree If you are 100% sure that the package must stay as is.
But as I see, it contains prerequisites to be named as 'python-polysh'.

Best regards,
Mikhail.

[1] https://pastebin.com/cDdXudh2
[2]