[aur-requests] [PRQ#16805] Deletion Request for the-darkmod-tweaked

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:27:15 UTC 2019

On 26/11/19 2:27, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for the-darkmod-tweaked [2]:
>
> After discussion in the package comments for thedarkmod-bin, it was
> determined that the custom installer used in the former package
> "darkmod" violated the rules of submission on numerous levels.
>
> The package was reimplemented by a Trusted User, and for good measure
> cleaned up and renamed to something more closely matching upstream
> intentions, but for all this, the core issue with
> https://gitlab.com/es20490446e/the-darkmod-tweaked  had nothing to do
> whether mv is better than cp, or whatever else this justification
> entails:
>
> ```
> So I'm providing an alternative version for this package, called "the-
> darkmod-tweaked", with the following enhancements over the official
> bundle:
>
>      Separated saved games and downloaded mission repository for each
> user.
>      Missions cache auto-cleanup.
>      Enhanced installation speed compared with the official installer.
> ```
>
> No, this is not acceptable. Your new package is still obfuscation and
> violates the rules of submission.
>
> Your "tweaks" in comparison with thedarkmod-bin do not answer the
> question: "why was the previous package orphaned via moderator
> action".
>
> You may not re-upload a package which was deemed inadmissible to the
> AUR, and simply rename the pkgname in order to justify its existence.
> You are REQUIRED to either:
> - first defend your claim that the initial judgment "this is unfit for
> the AUR" was incorrect, or
> - fix the problems
>
> You have done neither.
>
> [1]https://aur.archlinux.org/account/eschwartz/
> [2]https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/the-darkmod-tweaked/

Even when I thought that could piss you off, I genuinely believed that
would fall within the rules.

Now you suspended my account, and destroyed all my work on Arch.

But that was a less risky decision than keeping you around. Your purpose
was never to enforce good practices but to boycott.

What you call quality standards won't allow me to reach my goals. You
don't care about the contents of the book, you only care about how well
it's written.