[aur-requests] [PRQ#15875] Deletion Request for python-semantic_version

brent s. bts at square-r00t.net
Sun Sep 1 14:58:05 UTC 2019

On 9/1/19 10:29 AM, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> sl1pkn07 [1] filed a deletion request for python-semantic_version [2]:
>
> in [community]
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/sl1pkn07/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-semantic_version/

AUR maintainer for python-semantic_version here - wow, something got
goofed here! I think it was adopted into [community] without it being
removed from AUR.

My last update[0] was 2017-11-24. The package was added to [community]
on 2017-12-06[1] but I never made a new commit to "re-create" the AUR
pkg or anything (as git history shows)...

Is that AUR removal process automatic or manual? If it's automatic, does
it warrant an auditing of other possible packages that were missed in
this fashion?

Regardless, thank you Felix for adopting and moving to [community]! I'll
second the motion that it should be removed from AUR. I had no idea it
made it to [community]!

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=python-semantic_version
[1]
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/log/trunk?h=packages/python-semantic-version