[aur-requests] [PRQ#15875] Deletion Request for python-semantic_version

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 1 15:15:55 UTC 2019

On 9/1/19 10:58 AM, brent s. wrote:
> On 9/1/19 10:29 AM, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>> sl1pkn07 [1] filed a deletion request for python-semantic_version [2]:
>>
>> in [community]
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/sl1pkn07/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-semantic_version/
>>

> AUR maintainer for python-semantic_version here - wow, something got
> goofed here! I think it was adopted into [community] without it being
> removed from AUR.
>
> My last update[0] was 2017-11-24. The package was added to [community]
> on 2017-12-06[1] but I never made a new commit to "re-create" the AUR
> pkg or anything (as git history shows)...

The [community] package is python-semantic-version. It was moved from
the AUR, and the AUR version was deleted at the time:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/PKGBUILD?h=python-semantic-version

This package was first uploaded half a year after the package with a "-"
instead of a "_" was first uploaded, however, the original version (not
yours) was simply migrated from AUR 3 to AUR 4 ("Initial import" four
days after the great migration began) so I'm not sure how long it
existed before that.

So your package was just a duplicate since its inception. Sorry. :(

> Is that AUR removal process automatic or manual? If it's automatic, does
> it warrant an auditing of other possible packages that were missed in
> this fashion?

It is manual, but you can see the list of duplicates using something
like this:

$ declare -f aurdupes
aurdupes ()
{
    comm -12 <(pacman -Sql core extra community multilib| sort) <(curl
-s https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.gz | gzip -d | sed 1d | sort )
}

Since the package names are different, they don't even register as
duplicates and you should be able to push to it just fine (which you
*cannot* do for a package in community, as it would be added to the
"this is in community" blacklist)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User