[aur-requests] [PRQ#26956] Deletion Request for libsystemd-provides

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 14 13:31:06 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-14 14:21, dreieck via aur-requests wrote:
> The AUR is also used by other Arch-based distributions other than
> Arch (Artix even provides AUR-wrappers in it's own repos).
>
> So I ask that the package remains, for the Artix (and maybe Manjaro)
> folks.

The AUR is the *Arch* User Repository, and every package submitted there must
follow the submission guidelines [1], in particular they must be useful on
(vanilla) Arch Linux. This is not the case for this package as explained in the
deletion request.

Derivative distributions are welcome to use the AUR, but all packages must be
usable and useful on plain Arch at a minimum to be acceptable for submission to
the AUR.

Best,
Jonas

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines