[aur-requests] [PRQ#27082] Orphan Request for python-ufo2ft

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Sat Jul 17 11:30:54 UTC 2021

Guillaume,

Thanks for the response. I'm happy to provide patches, but to be honest
I'm also still pretty frustrated.

I provided a whole bunch of patches on your font tooling related
packages over a year ago and only bits and pieces of them were applied.
Many of the packages you later bumped without addressing the issues in
my patches. Yes, there were some cosmetic changes (in many cases just
matching the style in your other packages), but the things I *commented
on* along with the patches were important issues reliable URLs,
splitting build() steps from package(), fixing tests that wouldn't run,
removing circular dependencies, etc. Some of these issues I submitted
patches for are still outstanding over a year later.

I'm attaching a refreshed patch to fix this particular package again. In
case the list mangles or drops it you are also copied directly and I'll
comment on the package with a fresh patch.

After you look it over and check the wiki guidelines for Python packages
and confirm that what I'm doing makes sense, please do reconsider adding
me as a co-maintainer to your font tooling packages.

Regards,

Caleb