[aur-requests] [PRQ#27155] Orphan Request for python-fontpens

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Jul 19 22:21:36 UTC 2021

alerque [1] filed an orphan request for python-fontpens [2]:

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-
requests/2021-July/056541.html and
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-
requests/2021-July/056547.html

Package does not build cleanly and after a year and a half of
mentioning the same problems across the python font tooling landscape
and maintaining my own forks on the side so I can build things that
depend on these I'd like to be able to just maintain or co-maintain
them.

This package is part of a circular dependency loop that has been
commented on for months (this package) and years (elsewhere in the
loop). It can be resolved by not requiring checks that are upstream
regression tests (the test suites require dependencies that require
this!). I'd like to actually address this so that all packages can be
built cleanly with only their specified dependencies (and in that
order).

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/alerque/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-fontpens/