[aur-requests] [PRQ#35615] Deletion Request for python-sqlalchemy-0.7.9

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Jun 21 19:46:39 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for python-sqlalchemy-0.7.9 [2]:

Very old legacy Python package, fixed version from 2012.
Last updated in 2015.

Today, as it turns out, it doesn't support Python 2.7
(only 2.6 and lower), and doesn't support Python 3.6+,
maybe not even Python 3.4+.

Its only specific dependent, python2-elixir is itself legacy,
deprecated since 2009, and is not needed anymore by anything
(its one AUR consumer needs update to the latest version which
eliminates the former need for Elixir.)

In discussion with previous maintainer @willemw, who disowned
the package today with the intention of letting me fix it,
we have both came to the same conclusion in the end, that this
is not worth the effort of fixing and should be deleted.

(python2-sqlalchemy has been dropped from repos, but it could be
restored to AUR, as the project still supports Python 2.7 even
with its freshest releases in 2022.)

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-sqlalchemy-0.7.9/