[aur-requests] [PRQ#33497] Deletion Request for firefox-bin

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Mar 24 06:26:23 UTC 2022

MarsSeed [1] filed a deletion request for firefox-bin [2]:

Duplicates [extra] / firefox.
With a foreign binary build.

It doesn't even set the dependencies correctly.

Does not provide any additional features compared to
Arch repo version to warrant its existence here.

I've reached out to the maintainers multiple times
to clarify what's their reason for keeping this package.
Got no response whatsoever.

I think this should be deleted, as per AUR
submission guidelines stating no duplication
of official Arch builds.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/firefox-bin/