[pacman-dev] required by relation

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Aug 3 06:59:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:06:33PM +0400, Sergej Pupykin <ps at lx-ltd.ru> wrote:
> I see I can write trivial one line script or use gtkpacman or update whole
> system, but I think it is wrong when "pacman -Sy openssl db" breaks
> system.

before the upgrade you can't run ldd or other tools to determine if
there will be problems or not. so what pacman could do is to check the
system after an upgrade and print out what's broken, so that you'll know
right after the upgrade, not when you want to start a particular
application

but still, that "trivial oneliner" would be interesting, for example
it's normal that ldd reports several apps as broken as long as they have
a wrapper script to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and of course it's not allowed
to hardwirte them in a oneliner.. :)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--