[pacman-dev] makepkg script changes

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:48:49 EST 2006

> -#Let's be courteous and support frugalware's extensions
> -[ -e /usr/lib/frugalware/fwmakepkg ] && . /usr/lib/frugalware/fwmakepkg
> -

I realized that I included these three lines in my patch that I
submitted to the list yesterday. I want to stay out of any
back-and-forth arguments and concentrate on trying to improve the
code, so I hope no one saw this as a devious move. I was just cleaning
my local copy and removed these lines because they had no importance
to me; it was not an attempt to divide developers any further here. My
one suggestion regarding this is a more modular approach- perhaps a
generalized sourcing that would check a particular environment
variable for a path.

I wasn't aware of the almost deprecation of backticks; you learn
something every day. Thanks.

- Dan