[pacman-dev] My makepkg changes/updates

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 05:20:52 EST 2006

2006/12/21, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> Last email of the day, hopefully. Here is my current diff on makepkg,
> not really meant to be applied in its current state but at least
> letting you know what I am working on and hopefully I can get some
> feedback out of it. I'll make a cleaner diff in a few days and
> hopefully this script will start to look a little better.
>
> 1. Adds --repackage option and $REPKG variable, should be noted by a
> comment in the code. The diff does some weird things where I had to
> indent a whole big block of code, so I'd recommend just trying to look
> at it as a whole at that part (basically the whole 'build' section).
> 2. Adds and removes blank lines to be more consistent, or maybe just
> more for my own readability. Also adds a description of makepkg.
> 3. Removes keepdocs and nostrip options (on the command line).
> 4. Removes hardcoded references to /var/cache/pacman/src.
> 5. Fixes a syntax warning in the architecture detection.
> 6. Adds a missing / in the cp statement for source file copying.
> 7. Lets you see my scattered/random TODOs throughout the code.

Nice work!
Few questions:
1) Why you have changed /etc/makepkg.conf to /etc/makepkg3.conf ? I
don't see the point of this. Even when there are two versions of
makepkg in system - they should work with one makepkg.conf as there
are no confliction options anyway.
2) what's the difference between msg and msg2 (except colors, I mean
whet is the use for both of them) ?

And suggestions:
1) it would be nice if makepkg -Sr (-sr) uninstall makedepends after
build failure too
2) something like --preclean option that would clean directory like
--clean but _before_ build - useful for some software that won't build
after failure when files not cleaned.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)