[pacman-dev] config handling

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue May 16 18:30:15 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 11:35:18PM +0200, x.chantry at wanadoo.fr wrote:
> Ha no I wasn't even aware of the difference about this in pacman3.
> I was just referring to the fact that config files edited by the user
> are never overwritten by pacman, so I thought it wasn't necessary
> (as soon as config files likely to be edited are in the backup section).
> It can still be useful in some cases I don't see :)

        * lib/libalpm/add.c: changed behaviour with
          original=X,current=Y,new=Z backup scenario -- install new file as
          .pacnew and keep old one in place

it seems that later it was backported to pacman2

just wanted to mention you that before this change the NoUpgrade option
was really important

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--