[pacman-dev] config handling

Роман Кирилич roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:01:29 EDT 2006

rc.sysinit? Well, I thought that only config files should be added to
backup array.
System shell scripts should not. It is better to use NoUpgrade for them.
You cannot add all system shell scripts to backup array, but any of
them can be modified by user.
User modifies such files in rare situations, so placing all of them in
backup array is bad idea;
placing only some of them produces problem - how to decide which to
place in backup array and which don't?
So, IMO it is better to leave things as they are now - use backup
array for all config files + XYZ logic, and use NoUpgrade if user
modifies some system shell scripts.