[pacman-dev] add message() function call for use in *.install/.PKGINFO files

Роман Кирилич roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun May 28 17:16:31 EDT 2006

I think all info messages should just be passed to front-end and it is
front-end's job how and when to show them. So there should be speciall
function for use in .install files instead of current echo stuff.
As for indicating some progress for user: when there is some lengthy
operation in .install it should be prefixed and postfixed with calls
to special functions so user will see a message from front end like
"Generating the initial ramdisk... Please wait." and then "Done" (or
green checkmark in GUI :-D ).