[pacman-dev] makepkg Patch for consistancy

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:13:32 EST 2006

On 11/15/06, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:38:05 -0500
> Daniel McGee <toofishes at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This patch implements two consistency issues I think are present in
> > makepkg. Once again, use what you want, not trying to force a patch
> > down your throat.
>
> Arguably, maybe we want to be able to choose the default and the "arch
> default" is shortsighted and naive.  But in that case, you'd want to
> have the option to STRIP, LIBTOOL, EMPTYDIRS in the options=() in a
> PKGBUILD.

I've merged some/most of these.  I think it is important to provide
this configurability.  Just because the packages on archlinux.org are
built one way, it doesn't mean that the packages from "joe's repo for
archlinux" need to be built the exact same way.

Thanks for the patch.  For the record, I'm in the process of
'twiddling' with makepkg/gensync so they're not complete atm - I check
into cvs what I do at work so I can work more at home 8).