[pacman-dev] makepkg Patch for consistancy

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:19:33 EST 2006

On 11/15/06, Daniel McGee <toofishes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Forgot to put this in the last email. That last section in makepkg.conf
> (FUNCTIONALITY CONFIGURATION) is not something that users of a
> particular distro will be tweaking- it should pretty much stay the same.
> Should/could something like this be moved into the makepkg script
> itself? That way it is still 'variablized', but is more integrated as
> part of the program itself and less as a configuration option.
>
> Dan

Well, I'm of the opinion that it should be configurable... I guess it
could easilly go into makepkg itself, but I don't really see good/bad
arguments either way, so it was really just a gut-instinct choice.

I just assumed that if someone (frugalware) were to redistribute
makepkg, it makes more sense to be able to use it out-of-the-box with
a different config, than needed to sed the values out of it.

Admittedly, they will probably end up being ./configure options
anyway, so the argument above doesn't hold much water.