[pacman-dev] Problems with frugalware splitname changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 07:21:27 EDT 2006

On 10/8/06, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Instead of checking for /etc/arch-release or /etc/frugalware-release,
> why not make it an autoconf option?  --with-arch-in-filename or
> something...

That would work too, but I would feel more comfortable with the
on-the-fly parsing.  I mean, if we decide we want to have the arch
name in the file name at a later date, this would allow us to make
changes a few packages at a time without breaking things in the least.

> Trying to guess if the architecture is included in the filename isn't
> possible reliably.  foo-bar-2.4-1 is ambiguous and a pretty common case.

The arch is added at the end in this patch, after the pkgrel, so there
is no ambiguity
foo-bar-2.4-1-i686
foo-bar-2.4-1-x86_64
etc etc