[pacman-dev] Problems with frugalware splitname changes

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sun Oct 8 15:57:03 EDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 09:59:23PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can non-pacman-dev-man enter this discusstion?

why not? :)

> I don't see a problem here. There're not much archs to deal with,
> curently only i686 and x86_64. Other distros may implement ppc and
> maybe some more, but anyway it's not too much to hardcode them.

good question. i hate to hard-wire anything, but this is the decision,
then something like #define ALLOWED_ARCHS "i686 x86_64 ppc" looks ok
to me (so using such pkgrels will be no longer allowed)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org