[pacman-dev] $ARCH suffix on packages

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:03:02 EDT 2006

On 10/10/06, Christian Hamar <krics at gds.hu> wrote:
> I dont see any point to use pacman2 && pacman3 in same time. But i dont
> got rights to made it, because i'm not an archlinux developer :) Of
> course this is archlinux releated and archlinux devels need to see whats
> the point.

It's only for testing / evaluation purposes.  I don't want to have
people just install pacman3 if there are bugs in it.  I want them to
be able to install pacman3, mess with it, find a bug, then use pacman2
to continue what they're doing.  The side-by-side installation will
only be for a small period of time while we do some testing.