[pacman-dev] What about managing optional dependencies?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:10:02 EDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> This way Pacman will know something about optional dependencies and
> use this info for something. For example, when user wants to remove a
> package, Pacman can search if this package's optional dependencies are
> not used by other packages and promt user to remove them too. IMHO
> this will be good feature.

At this point something like this is a low priority.  If you really
want a feature like this, feel free to submit a patch.

Personally though, I would go with the arch-ish way of prefixing a
list of items....
MODULES=(a b !c)
DAEMONS=(a @b c)
depends=(a b ~c ~d)

I'm just making it up though.  Like I said, I have other priorities...