[pacman-dev] What about managing optional dependencies?

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:18:17 EDT 2006

2006/10/12, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> At this point something like this is a low priority.  If you really
> want a feature like this, feel free to submit a patch.

Of course, this is just an idea for far future. :-)
I'm not sure I'm a good C programmer. I only started to learn Pacman's
v3 internals recently. But if I will have enought time and skill I'll
try to make a patch for this feature.

> Personally though, I would go with the arch-ish way of prefixing a
> list of items....
> MODULES=(a b !c)
> DAEMONS=(a @b c)
> depends=(a b ~c ~d)

Nice idea too, it lacks descriptions of each optional dependency, but
is buch simpler.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)