[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 00:52:32 EDT 2006

On 10/23/06, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> works around the problem. i've tried to fix it but i don't see any
> problem. it should be some memory corruption since if the build is
> debug-enabled then it works fine

I attempted 2 rather random changes to see if it affects anything -
right now I have no way to test this (no 64bit machines), so can you
please let me know if it fixes anything?  I prefixed the string with
the max length, as a safeguard, and switch the unsigned chars to
unsigned ints, in the off-chance that _that_ has some effect, though I
expect it's string related.

Please let me know either way.