[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Oct 24 05:29:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 11:52:32PM -0500, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I attempted 2 rather random changes to see if it affects anything -
> right now I have no way to test this (no 64bit machines), so can you
> please let me know if it fixes anything?  I prefixed the string with
> the max length, as a safeguard, and switch the unsigned chars to
> unsigned ints, in the off-chance that _that_ has some effect, though I
> expect it's string related.
>
> Please let me know either way.

still segfaults. i would suggest asking a shell access from an Arch64
dev, i neither have such a machine phisically. anyway here is the
commandline to reproduce the issue:

vmiklos at helicon:~/darcs/pacman/src/pacman$ sudo rm -f
/var/cache/pacman/pkg/vim* /tmp/pacman.lck; sudo ./pacman -Sw vim
--noconfirm
resolving dependencies... done.

Targets: vim-7.0-2

Total Package Size:   5.0 MB

Total Uncompressed Package Size:   16.3 MB

Beginning download...

:: Retrieving packages from frugalware-current...
Internal pacman error: Segmentation fault00:00:00 [
]   0%
Please submit a full bug report, with the given package if appropriate.

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org