[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:05:49 EDT 2006

2006/10/25, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> libfetch is a PITA to port... we'll probably have to fork it... as the
> changes in the pas year or so have been minimal, I don't forsee a
> problem with that.... I'm gonna try this out

Why it's so PITA? Does libftp use many FreeBSD-specific things?
Maybe you should take a look how it's ported by GNU-Darwin project
here: http://gnu-darwin.cvs.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/4linux/libfetch/
The description of 4linux says "FreeBSD ports and package system as
modified for GNU/Linux".
I know that this is outdated version, but maybe you can find some
hints how to port the latest version here.
Yes, libfetch is not changing constantly, so if there will be some
patches in mainstream we can port them easy. I wonder if there will be
any non-security-related/non-bugfix patches at all, as libfetch API
was last changed in 4 years, 10 months ago!

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)