[pacman-dev] cvs unusable on x86_64

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 11:17:01 EDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/10/25, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > libfetch is a PITA to port... we'll probably have to fork it... as the
> > changes in the pas year or so have been minimal, I don't forsee a
> > problem with that.... I'm gonna try this out
>
> Why it's so PITA? Does libftp use many FreeBSD-specific things?

It's a pain in the ass because they use alot of stuff that, while
available under GNU, are totally different.  i.e. funopen <->
fopencookie

Regardless, it's fixed and I integrated it into pacman.  It was pretty
quick, and let me remove about 500 lines.  I also got to change the
download callback format (thank god), as using about 50 different
'global' variables was disgusting.  Of course, this breaks some things
until they use the new format (assuming it's ok).

To the frugalware devs: do you have anything that uses the dlcb
function besides pacman?

Anyway, I didn't check anything in, as it's a handful of breaking
changes to the frontends.

PS I also added ILoveCandy to the other progress bars 8)