[pacman-dev] The state of Pacman 3, again...

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Sep 11 09:40:52 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:02:01PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know is it OK for me to ask such question here, but where is
> Aurelien Foret?

he discontinued pacman development

> And who is going to continue Pacman 3 development?
> I know that phracture had such plans, but IIRC he is currently busy.

he said he will but then did nothing (because he is busy at the uni &
work or so, search the archive for details)

> IIRC dsa also was going to take a look at Pacman code. I didn't hear
> anything from Judd Vinet recently too.

actually i think here we should not say "i'll do something" but just
have to _do_ it then if the patches are here then we can say we did
something. _imho_ :)

> In the last newsletter there was a line about recruiting new
> developers, so maybe some of them will take a look at Pacman?

i hope :)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--