[pacman-dev] The state of Pacman 3, again...

Douglas Andrade dsandrade at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:37:41 EDT 2006

On 9/11/06, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:02:01PM +0300, Roman Kyrylych
> <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know is it OK for me to ask such question here, but where is
> > Aurelien Foret?
>
> he discontinued pacman development
>
> > And who is going to continue Pacman 3 development?
> > I know that phracture had such plans, but IIRC he is currently busy.
>
> he said he will but then did nothing (because he is busy at the uni &
> work or so, search the archive for details)
>
> > IIRC dsa also was going to take a look at Pacman code. I didn't hear
> > anything from Judd Vinet recently too.
>
> actually i think here we should not say "i'll do something" but just
> have to _do_ it then if the patches are here then we can say we did
> something. _imho_ :)

Im totally with you i did not fetched the current source code yet,
since the connection in my work dont allow cvs and subversion traffic
(Yes, i know it is strange, but we have paranoic network admins here)

I will look at pacman source at sometime even because i want to make a
python binding of what is coming.

> > In the last newsletter there was a line about recruiting new
> > developers, so maybe some of them will take a look at Pacman?
>
> i hope :)

Me too, it would be great if pacman3 could be released still in this year.