[pacman-dev] ldconfig

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Wed Apr 4 03:41:18 EDT 2007

Hi!
I prefer a noldconfig (or similar) flag in .PKGINFO (or similar) which
would indicate that with this package we don't need to run ldconfig.
And makepkg should take care of filling in this entry properly (which
can do a dpkg-ported autodetection (user could override this in
PKGBUILD) or whatever).
ldconfig runs after all package removal or adding. This
is not so time-wasting because of disk cache, however in case of many
files this is noticeable. So I think _alpm_ldconfig should be called
from alpm_trans_release for example (combined with a needldconfig
flag if needed, see above). Yes, I know, I may provide a patch ;-), I
just ask first, what do you think about these ideas.

Bye, ngaba