[pacman-dev] ldconfig

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Wed Apr 4 05:09:35 EDT 2007

Some notes for the last idea. Because of install scripts we may need to
run ldconfig after a package install/removal (glibc for example?)
otherwise we couldn't run other packages' install scripts. So at
least 3 options needed for "needldconfig" (0: not needed, 1: needed at
the and of transaction, 2: needed after install/removal (default) for
example).
Here I mention, that many packagers forget about adding packages to
dependency list which is needed for their install script (see jre for
example: it uses grep in its install script, however it doesn't depend
on grep.)

Bye, Nagy Gabor