[pacman-dev] ldconfig

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Wed Apr 4 14:20:09 EDT 2007

Hi!
I think that the packager should be able to decide whether his package
needs ldconfig-run or not, and fill in PKGBUILD to override the
autodetection. If he cannot decide, he can set the safest option.
You say, this option makes our life more difficult. I say: yes, and
probably we can make more bugs after this, but mankind usually selects
difficult but more efficient things over "simple" ones. (For example we
are using cars, which are not the safest things, but they are
efficient. Sorry for this stupid example ;-)
And this works somehow in debian.
Bye, Nagy Gabor