[pacman-dev] Arch neutrral packages

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 9 20:15:04 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 11:44:20PM +0100, Andrew Fyfe wrote:
> Is it worth adding something like arch=(NOARCH) for packages that are
> arch neutral (ie they only contain text files, scripts...) so we don't
> have 2 identical packages for i686 and x86_64.
>
> Andrew

There's been talk of this.  I think it's a good idea.  Apparently codemac
thinks it's a bad idea.

When I talked to phrakture about it a while back, his issue IIRC was that
it's an arbitrary name and one day there might be a NOARCH architecture
that we have to support... or something like that.

Jason