[pacman-dev] provide version numbers + pacman.conf == command line

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:55:33 EDT 2007

2007/4/20, VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org>:

> i was wrong, you can already disable warnings using --debug 0 ;)

hmm, I don't understand, looking at your code there :
 http://darcs.frugalware.org/repos/pacman-g2/src/pacman-g2/pacman-g2.c
I see : config->debug |= PM_LOG_WARNING;
which seems to always happen.

> it's clear already, just have a look at the library header (--debug -1
> will enable all logs, --debug 0 will disable all of them, 4 will display
> errors only and so on)
>
> > and easy to use?
>
> i have no idea how could this be easier to use, though for sure it may
> be hard for someone who is not familiar with the hexadecimal numbers
>
> maybe something like chmod's +r w x a etc?

Oh I see, you directly set the log level using the representation in
hex in the code.
I didn't know your code was that different, sorry.
Hmm, in this case, it indeed gives total configuration of the log level.
And yes, having a letter for each kind of log would probably makes it easier.