[pacman-dev] [patch] for resolvedeps + some notes

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Aug 13 09:28:43 EDT 2007

> I think it's always important to worry about getting clean and correct code
> first, and then worry about performance later (while trying to keep the
> first
> two properties ;)).
Hi!
Well, the current code is clean and bugfree, however it is dummy. It cannot
corrupt the db, because we do a checkdeps in sync_prepare before sync_commit, so
that will result a dependency error if needed:
1. This can easily happen, because resolvedeps doesn't handle the backward
(requiredby) dependencies...
2. Resolvedeps doesn't guarantee that all dependencies of the populated list is
satisfied neither: see my previous mail.

Bye, ngaba

PS: I also interested in speed tests where you implement the following psuedocode:
resolvedeps(list) {
while(missing = checkdeps(list)) resolve_misslist_by_adding_from_syncrepos(missing);
}