[pacman-dev] [patch] for resolvedeps + some notes

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 17:36:26 EDT 2007

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 03:25:08PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> PS: Resolvedeps is still dummy, because pulling a new package to the *list
> may break an earlier verified dependency of a pkg in the *list (because the
> new package will overwrite something in the localdb!). The best (but much
> slower) solution is to call depcheck with the *list parameter (plus
> syncpkg).

I think it's always important to worry about getting clean and correct code
first, and then worry about performance later (while trying to keep the first
two properties ;)).

In any cases, it would be interesting to have a pactest for this, and also
possibly a fix, which will probably only causes a negligible slowdown anyway.