[pacman-dev] Future pacman development (3.2/4.0)

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Fri Aug 31 21:08:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

Na Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 05:44:01PM -0700, eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> pisal(a):
> I said 'generally', and you pick out one library. Well done.
> Does libcurl have a conf file that it parses?

yes, inetrc

> I actually *do* think that libdownload should be in its own library.
>
> You sure do have a snarky way of carrying on a discussion VMiklos.

i think this is related. okay, probably you are not familiar with the
not-so-recent history of libalpm. i wanted the download code to be in
the lib, but when i submitted the patch then Aurel rejected it. then
later Aaron merged it. i mentioned this because we're talking about what
should be in libalpm and what not. originally Aurel said no for both
the download code and the config parser. later Aaron merged both. now it
seems that the config parser move is reverted. how mentioning the
'revert of the download code move' is unrelated?

thanks,
- VMiklos