[pacman-dev] Final steps before 3.1 release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:31:37 EST 2007

Speak now or forever regret not speaking.

I'd like to push toward a 3.1 release very soon (2 weeks time?). I
need to ensure we get everything done we need to before that time.
Earlier tonight, I sent out an email asking for translations. I just
now added a comment to the 3.1 Release Roadmap on Flyspray
<http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8109>. I'd appreciate feedback there
(but please not lengthy discussion of "why isn't this in 3.1"- if you
don't have a patch for it, it isn't getting in).

The only other big things I can think of are these two issues:
1. Our frontend output is still a bit jacked up. We need to get
messages looking correct during progress bar output.
2. Documentation updates, including the changelog (we've had 646
commits since the 3.0.0 release, so we have some digging to do).

Are there any other showstoppers to doing a release?